Thursday, March 2, 2017

Sample of Ready-Made Content

Curating pre-existing, or ready-made, content to support instruction saves instructors a significant amount of time from having to create self-produced instructional media.  In my own teaching practices, I always search text publisher resources and the World Wide Web before identifying a need to create my own media.  In my 17 years of teaching in higher education, I have found myself producing my own media and curating pre-existing media/instructional resources.  The embedded YouTube video below is an actual resource I use in Canvas for my current MIS 1305 course that is being taught on campus face-to-face.


The video above explains to students how to submit grader activities through the MyITLab online system that is a companion resource to our textbooks by Pearson Publishers.  This resource is made available through the Canvas LMS and can be accessible for students in face-to-face and online sections of 1305.  In addition to curation, an added benefit to using these ready-made resources is that time I save by not having to recreate media that already addresses a need or goal I have for my students. 

No comments:

Post a Comment